I recently finished this little runner for my kitchen table. It was supposed to be for February/Valentines Day. Well, yes, it is a few months late, but at least it is completed and not hanging around my sewing room any more!
The pink, red and orange color scheme came from the dishes above the table. When we built our home several years ago, I just had to have a plate shelf.
I designed the flower appliques. And I used fusible web to attach them and finished off the edges with a satin stitch. I did very little piecing for the background as the fabric was already printed with 1 inch stripes. I finished it off by quilting around the flowers with my signature free-hand feathers.
Unfortunately, I picked the wrong time of day to get a good picture, but you get the idea.