I’ve thought for sometime that my watercolor drawings would translate well into applique. I really like how this came out. After drawing the pattern, I transfered it to a paper back fusible. I then cut out the separate parts of the flower and ironed them onto the blue background. I used then a machine satin stitch to secure the edges The block measures about 10″ square. I haven’t done any quilting yet.
Here’s the watercolor drawing that was my inspiration.
I just have enough fabric to make a couple more blocks. Rather than try to make this quilt (as cute as it is) I think I will make a table runner or wall hanging. Then it might actually get made in this decade! I will certainly share when I have a finished, quilted project.